I’ve had some questions on Headaches & Migraines so here’s what I found on the Everything Essential site and in the Modern Essentials book …hope you find this helpful and lemme know if you have questions! 🙂
As always, different bodies and conditions will respond differently to oils. Sometimes it is necessary to rotate or try different oils.
Oils & Blends: DeepBlue, Frankincense, Lavender, Marjoram, PastTense, Peppermint, Rosemary
Also consider: Basil, Clove,Eucalyptus, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Patchouli, Wintergreen
Mild tension headache:
• A drop or two of Peppermint oil rubbed on the temples,forehead, and/or back of neck is a simple and effective solution for most.
• PastTense is a blend of oils in a handy roll on dispenser thatis also very effective and more convenient. (FYI – I’ve used this and it smells strong, but really works).
• To relieve immediate pain PastTense or Peppermint as describedabove will be helpful.
• Also attend to the sinus infection as described under SinusInfections.
More severe headaches:
• Use Peppermint or PastTense as described previously but followwith a damp, cool compress using a clean hand towel. Apply this compress to theforehead and closed eyes and/or the back of the neck, while resting for a fewminutes. Repeat as often as needed and schedule will permit. A few dropsof an oil may be put directly on the damp towel to extend the help. Keepoils away from eyes!!
• Some will find an inhaler or using cup and inhale may proveadvantageous.
- 1 – 2 drops of Frankincense on your finger andrub on the roof of your mouth
• Roll PastTense on theback of the neck and the base of the skull
• 1 – 2 drops of Deep Blue on the temples and forehead. Also Deep Blue can be applied to the neck and shoulder region.
• 1 – 2 drops DigestZeninternally if nauseous.
Repeat every 15 minutes – 2hours as long as necessary. Nap if situation allows.
EMAIL ME: email@example.com